Info At SMB College Life
www.smbcollegelife.com
New to SMB College Life
PSU Thon 2008
Get Involved!
Donate to help more college students!
More Interesting Info:
Wanna be here? Just Ask: contact@smbcollegelife.com
College Finances
Monday, December 31, 2007
One of the most discouraging things about college can be finding useful information about college. One of the biggest things that happened to me, which lit a fire under me was when I was accepted into college and NEEDED help with financial aid, scholarships, grants, etc. The person I turned to was the financial aid adviser of the university which accepted me and I was soon frustrated as I felt I received little or no help with financing my college education. I turned to the financial aid office feeling very scared and alone after receiving my acceptance letter thinking I would receive answers about how to finance my college education. Because my parents could not help me financially with college I was left to financing my education on my own. I figured that if I could turn to anyone it would be the financial aid adviser who was being paid by the university I planned to attend.

I was absolutely clueless about how the college process worked and thought that I would be able to receive help when it came to financing my education because I was left to do it on my own. It seemed as though the more questions I asked my financial aid adviser, the more aggravated she got, and she began treating me as though I should already know the answers to the questions I asked. The only reason I was there was to find out how I would be able to finance college, and as a paid professional of a university I assumed she would do everything in her power to find a solution for me. When I asked about grants and scholarships she simply said that I didn't qualify for anything and quickly tried turning my attention toward student loans to fund my education.

Leaving her office I felt smaller than I've ever felt before as I receive no help funding my college education. I was forced to turn to student loans to fund my education as my tuition bill deadline closed in. Basically the information that I'd spent a year researching had failed me and only led to dead ends when it came to receiving aid to finance my college education. Because my parents weren't willing or able to cosign my student loans I was subject to many student loan rejections, followed by finally being accepted for qualification subject to inflated interest rates. My student loans continue to haunt me to this day because of the amount needed to fund my education and the outrageous interest rates.

The goal of SMB College Life is to inform students about college life as much as possible by providing pertinent information about college searching, planning, funding, and so much more all in one place. I do not want you to feel as clueless or as helpless as I felt after graduating high school nor do I want you to spend more money than you need to fund you college education, especially if your parents cannot or will not help you. This is what drives the research and development which goes into building SMB College Life. At SMB College Life you will not get turned down, you will not find information leading to dead ends, and I will not make you feel as though you should already know this very important information. SMB College Life thrives on helping college students find the information that they need to succeed in college.

I would like to talk about some recent additions to SMB College Life that should greatly help you in your college life journey. Recently added to SMB College Life is our Grants page which will provide you with all the information you will need to search, find, and receive grants to fund your education. We also offer additional resources to turn to which list most, if not all of the available education grants in the United States, which you can use to help fund you college education. Our Apply To College Section offers all of the information that you will need to apply to college as well as PDF college applications which you can download and fill out for free. We also provide additional tips to help waive the cost of traditional college applications. We have added music videos to our entertainment page which will be updated weekly and will grow into a database which you can use to view your favorite music videos.

As our partnerships grow we continue to work on our shopping section behind the scenes. We are currently compiling a list of partners as well as coupons presented to us to offer directly to you for savings on things that you may need throughout you college life. Not only do we want to pay as little as possible for tuition, we also want to save you money on the products you may need throughout your college life. Once we have a good, solid shopping section we will update it all at once for you to receive the maximum savings through merchants, distributors and retailers which you are accustomed to.

The one section that we are having trouble bringing together is our scholarship page and our student loan page. What we need is CREDIBLE information that we can offer to you. Our research is turning up very little CREDIBLE information to offer you so we are asking for professional help. We need the help of financial advisers, professional experts, and government officials to collect the most CREDIBLE information to our users about scholarships and student loans.

If you are one of the people mentioned above, know someone mentioned above, or have any CREDIBLE information that you would like to share with thousands of other college students then please contact us at contact@smbcollegelife.com and tell us more. We are currently working setting up appointments with financial advisers in our area as well as government officials but could use your help in developing these pages.

Thanks for your help and thanks for using SMB College Life!

Labels:

posted by Shawn @ SMB College Life @ 8:58 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Join our VIP list to receive new post notifications!
www.smbcollegelife.com

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Or
Subscribe in a reader
Previous Post
Archives
College Search
Corporate Sponsors Include:

www.nittanywhiteout.com

$5 off $75 purchase today at 1800CONTACTS.com!

Apple Online Store

© 2007 SMB College Life Blog: Official Blog of www.SMBCollegeLife.com