Info At SMB College Life
www.smbcollegelife.com
New to SMB College Life
PSU Thon 2008
Get Involved!
Donate to help more college students!
More Interesting Info:
Wanna be here? Just Ask: contact@smbcollegelife.com
College Life
Thursday, June 7, 2007
Posted by: www.SmbCollegeLife.com

First I need to say that it's been too long since I've posted and it feels good to be writing again! So, I've been busy drinking, studying and working the past couple of days and I have to say that I've been having a blast. This was exactly what I needed after a long year of insanity. I'm finally starting to get back to being myself: eating better, sleeping more, being crazy (in a fun way). I missed me! I was so stressed out over the school year, and trying to juggle so many things that I felt like I was losing my mind. In reality, I was. I wasn't myself. I was edgy, moody and very negative....not too much fun to be around. It was the life that I was trying to live that made me feel this way. I did realized in the end of the semester that the way I was living wasn't worth losing myself again, and I needed a change. I decided to spread out my credits and take another year to finish college. This is probably the best decision I could've made. Not only am I going to be able to be myself, but I'll also be able to enjoy all of the things that I've missed out on up to this point. I decided it's time to experience college and have no regrets. I'm not gonna go crazy because I'm still devoted to my studies, but I am going to go out with friends during the week, go to football games, hit more parties, and meet new people. I've been in college for 3 years and I've experienced about 1/10 of the full college life. WOW! That looks a lot worse in black and white then it did in my head! The truth hurt sometimes, and when the true hurts it's time to make some changes! It's time for me to stop living for everyone else and start living for me. I don't care what my parents think anymore...they aren't paying for me to be here! I don't care what my girlfriend thinks anymore because she's not here....she left when things got really hard for me this year(perfect timing!). It's all about me now! I was so wrapped up in what everyone else wanted from me, that I forgot what I wanted myself.

www.SmbCollegeLife.com


posted by Shawn @ SMB College Life @ 9:44 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At June 7, 2007 at 4:15 PM, Blogger ATh0ught355 said…

    Quite the profound article : ) You sound like about 25% of the population that attends Brandeis University as far as your ratio of work/fun goes. However, as far as having fun goes, I highly recommend trying to "make your own fun." (This is a phrase that comes up a lot at my school) As you probably know (or should read in my making friends article : ) "partying" can get pretty boring after a while, and many people with at least some moral values often find the things that go on at these parties to be pretty disgusting... If I were you, I'd try thinking of a few unique activities to try with your friends. For example, one of the best nights I had this year was "exploring" the neighborhood around our campus at 3am on a saturday... Hope this is helpful!

    -AThought

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Join our VIP list to receive new post notifications!
www.smbcollegelife.com

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Or
Subscribe in a reader
Previous Post
Archives
College Search
Corporate Sponsors Include:

www.nittanywhiteout.com

$5 off $75 purchase today at 1800CONTACTS.com!

Apple Online Store

© 2007 SMB College Life Blog: Official Blog of www.SMBCollegeLife.com