Info At SMB College Life
www.smbcollegelife.com
New to SMB College Life
PSU Thon 2008
Get Involved!
Donate to help more college students!
More Interesting Info:
Wanna be here? Just Ask: contact@smbcollegelife.com
The weekend getaway
Sunday, June 10, 2007




This was the greatest weekend I've had in a long time, probably ever! I've been a huge fan of Frank Lloyd Wright since I was a kid and can remember doing school reports on his designs and architecture; mainly the house named "Falling Water." I finally had the chance to see it this weekend, and to spend with my roommate and one of the coolest girls I've ever met. It was spectacular....like a dream come true. I can't describe how excited I was to be there because I've wanted to see Falling Water since I was in grade school. After touring the house and spending time walking around in awe the coolest girl ever decided to take us to some of the nature spots in the area. I didn't realize how beautiful Western PA was until this weekend. We saw rivers with white waters, walked through waterfalls, and slid down a natural rock slide into a pool of water. We crammed so much stuff into one day, and it turned out to be probably the best day of my life. I learned a lot this weekend and really wanted to share it with the people who may be reading this:

  1. The number of friends you have does not matter. If you have a few GREAT friends then life is perfect. Choose your friends wisely.
  2. Don't let anything stop you from reaching your dreams. Often in life we find things (excuses) that we put in the way of our dreams, things like money, school, work, a relationship, etc. Try to ask yourself; "Am I just creating an obstacle?"
  3. Don't ever pass up an opportunity to try something new and exciting. After seeing the waterfall I actually thought about not walking in it because I thought the water was too cold! Had I not corrected my thinking I would've been so mad today because I passed up a once in a lifetime opportunity.
  4. Live for today and today only! After the waterfall I heard about the natural rock slide down the road. I had to see the slide that day, since I was already there. I don't know if I'll wake up tomorrow so I'm not going to let something I could do today wait until tomorrow!

This weekend was a great learning experience and an amazing time with some GREAT friends. I'm so glad that I took the adventure this weekend and that I met a few good friends that could make it a truely amazing experience. This summer is great!

www.SmbCollegeLife.com

posted by Shawn @ SMB College Life @ 5:55 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At June 14, 2007 at 8:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    wow, i know that you thought last weekend was amazing but i guess i didn't realize what it meant to you. i'm so SO glad that you guys came. reading that put me in a good mood for work!
    hi ho, hi ho.. it's off to work i go :)

     
  • At June 15, 2007 at 2:43 AM, Blogger Shawn @ SMB College Life said…

    Yeah, it definately meant a lot to me! I'm so glad I had the opportunity to go there and check out Falling Water, and also the sites around the area. It was so relaxing, which was something i needed after a long year in school. Spending time with GREAT friends and seeing new and exciting things is what I live for!

     
  • At June 15, 2007 at 11:39 AM, Blogger ATh0ught355 said…

    I am a big fan of your #1 piece of advice. I understand how some people feel a "social obligation" to invite everyone they know for some kind of activity. However, this usually results in a less than fun time...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Join our VIP list to receive new post notifications!
www.smbcollegelife.com

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Or
Subscribe in a reader
Previous Post
Archives
College Search
Corporate Sponsors Include:

www.nittanywhiteout.com

$5 off $75 purchase today at 1800CONTACTS.com!

Apple Online Store

© 2007 SMB College Life Blog: Official Blog of www.SMBCollegeLife.com