Info At SMB College Life
www.smbcollegelife.com
New to SMB College Life
PSU Thon 2008
Get Involved!
Donate to help more college students!
More Interesting Info:
Wanna be here? Just Ask: contact@smbcollegelife.com
Live your dreams, don't just dream them.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I've been trying to get back in the swing of things for the new semester so it has been a few days since I've posted. I really wanted to take some time tonight to share this new video which I've picked to be the video of the week in the Entertainment section of SMB College Life. I personally think this video is great, the song has a great message and we can forget to just let things go sometimes. I first heard this song when I watched "Meet The Robinson's," the new Disney movie. It might not seem like the typical movie that a college kid would watch, but I guess I'm not a typical college kid.

For those who have not seen the movie I highly recommend renting, no buying because I think you will like it so much that you will want to watch it again. The first time I saw it I liked it so much that I played it a second time. I guess I really relate to the story line and feel as though it's me they are talking about sometimes.

As a kid I've always had crazy ideas and have always been interested in fixing things, making things better, or figuring out how stuff works. As I grew older I found myself always thinking and trying new things. I love inventing things, making things better and trying new business ventures. Unfortunately I've always felt as though people, or things were holding me back from a lot of the things that I wanted to create.

College was probably the best thing that happened to me because it lets me work at my true potential. College has also opened multiple doors in my life and helped me to find passions that I never knew I could have. My college education has provided me with the knowledge, resources, and desire to accomplish the things that I've always wanted to do. One of the things that college helped me to accomplish is the creation of SMB College Life. I've wanted to create and operate my own website since I was about 12 years old, and have finally be able to accomplish it thanks to my college education.

Through the creation of SMB College Life I found a real passion for helping people. The main idea, the core or foundation of SMB College Life is the fact that I want to help students plan for their college education, pay less for their education, and save money on everyday things that they may need. The drive to get this website published was that I had a very hard time planning for college and paying for college. Basically my parents wouldn't or couldn't help me with college so I was on my own. I had to go through the process entirely on my own, without guidance, cosigners, scholarships or anything. I felt abandoned, and still do, but realized that I could do something about it by trying to help other students who may be in similar situations.

So basically, through the creation of something that I've always wanted I was also able to find a way to help others, and I feel great doing it. People always ask me why I spend so much time on the website and my answer is simple; I want to make a college education easier and less expensive to achieve. I don't want to see people have to struggle through the process or pay as much for their education as I have. The website is only one of the many opportunities that my college life has made possible to me.

My college life and education has been the break that I needed in life. It has allowed me to liberate myself from the things that held me back, provided the knowledge and resources that I needed to achieve some of my dreams, and opened the doors to endless possibilities in my life. Through my college life I was able to create something great, something that helps me feel better about myself, and helps other students achieve their college education.

My point here is the same as the song, and the movie. Let things go, don't stop fighting to achieve your dreams, and create something...no matter how big or small it is. I'm always thinking of new ideas and have created a lot of things in the past few years. I have failed more times than I can count and have succeeded only a handful of times. No matter how many times you fail, you have to get back up and try again.

Start taking action and turning your ideas into creations. You may succeed, or you may fail but at least you will be able to say that you tried; that you took action and accomplished something that you believed in. Most people can't get past thinking or wishing they could create something and never take action. That will not make your life fulfilling! Taking action on your ideas and creating something will make your life richer than you could ever imagine. In some cases this could mean money rich, but I'm talking about FEELING rich inside. I can wake up most mornings and feel absolutely amazing because I've been able to take action through my college life and create something. It just so happened that my creation is one that helps hundred and hopefully thousands of students just like me. You creation could do this too but you have to take action.

Listen to the video and watch "Meet The Robinson's" and my message might become a lot clearer.

Thanks for using SMB College Life!


Labels:

posted by Shawn @ SMB College Life @ 11:03 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At January 24, 2008 at 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice video, keep up the good work.

     
  • At August 4, 2008 at 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Perhaps your parents are teaching you that salvation is the only thing that is free in life; you have to work for and earn the rest. You'll appreciate your education more knowing that you paid for it and didn't drink and party your parents money away by getting bad grades or failing and getting kicked out of college. Keep up the good work Son! I've been proud of you since the day your were born; you've never been abandoned, I pray for you daily and GOD is with you always...xxoo

     
  • At September 7, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Anonymous Credit Card Offers said…

    Your post is very motivating. As a matter of fact I have been through the same and made me realize the value of money. Today, when I look back Im proud of my achievements.

     
  • At January 12, 2010 at 4:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks a lot for a bunch of good tips. I look forward to reading more on the topic in the future. Keep up the good work! This blog is going to be great resource. Love reading it.
    ................................
    write term papers-essay writing help

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Join our VIP list to receive new post notifications!
www.smbcollegelife.com

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Or
Subscribe in a reader
Previous Post
Archives
College Search
Corporate Sponsors Include:

www.nittanywhiteout.com

$5 off $75 purchase today at 1800CONTACTS.com!

Apple Online Store

© 2007 SMB College Life Blog: Official Blog of www.SMBCollegeLife.com